Japan is a challenging country for an outside crew to just come & shoot, for a number of reasons:
- Japanese culture is very nuanced and Japanese nationals don’t always express their opinions directly. In order to ensure smooth communication, being represented by a team who knows Japanese language & etiquette.
- Japanese equipment rental companies will not normally rent to companies who are not registered in Japan.
- The pre-production process is often time-demanding and you need to start getting permissions weeks or months in advance. We can help you make this process faster & more efficient.
- Hiring a crew & casting is much easier and faster when you are working with a Japan-based company who represents you.
- Some filming locations will not work with you unless you are being represented by a Japanese national or at least a Japanese speaker.
- During production, you are expected to know some of the Japanese etiquette & manners. We are happy to educate your crew and make sure nobody gets offended!
- There are many unwritten & not-so-common-sense rules of doing run-and-gun and guerrilla style shoots in Tokyo. We can guide you in the production process so that things go smooth and uninterrupted.
If you are looking for a video production service in Tokyo, please reach our to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.