With over 6 years of experience in filming in Tokyo, we can provide you with a broad selection of shooting locations to be used in your production, to evoke a whole set of moods & emotions.
Be it neon-light cyberpunk nightscapes evoking Blade Runner and Lost in Translation, industrial interiors, designer apartments, studios, bars, temples and restaurants – we have a large database of locations and are always happy to do additional scouting and discover new places.
Using local production company is important for international projects for a number of reasons:
- Japanese locations often expect to be contacted way in advance & you often need to build trust before they give permission to film. It’s not always a matter of budget!
- Japanese owners are much more likely to trust a company that’s a legal entity in Japan, and has Japanese speakers and nationals in their team
- Japanese people expect a certain level of etiquette and behaviors that are not always obvious for international crews. Our team will be happy to represent you as well as tutor you in avoiding any etiquette mistakes during your productions & leaving Japanese contacts happy and eager to work again.
Did you know that some popular locations in Japan do not allow filming anymore because of impolite behaviors of international crews?
- We are happy to breach the cultural gap between Japan and the rest of the world. We are happy to take on projects that other companies often think are impossible.
- Even though run-and-gun filmography is possible in Tokyo, you need experience to know exactly when you’re overstepping. We are happy to lead the way for you to use all the magnificent public spaces without causing any discomfort to anyone.
If your production is happening outside of Tokyo, we can get you covered. We have put together production and did location management from Kyushu to Hokkaido, including cities like Kobe, Nagoya, Osaka and Sapporo.
We are your one stop for finding the perfect filming location in Tokyo, just reach out to us at email@example.com.